As a PADI Assistant Instructor, you not only gain additional experience as a PADI Professional scuba diver, but you also start learning the PADI System of diver education. You can act as an instructional scuba assistant and assume limited teaching responsibilities. It’s a great way to gain experience in order to become a scuba instructor!
- Be a PADI Divemaster or qualifying certification from another certification organization
- Be at least 18 years old
- Have 60 logged dives, including night, deep, and navigation dives
- Have been a certified diver for at least 6 months
- Have CPR and First Aid Training within the last 24 months
- Be fit for diving and submit a Medical Statement (PDF) signed by a physician within the last 12 months
Your Next Adventure
Take the full Instructor Development Course to become a PADI Open Water Scuba Instructor so you can teach and certify PADI Open Water Divers.